Mother’s Day is still a few weeks away so you have time to make something (quickly!) if you want.
- Zuzu’s petals – fun, versatile and you likely have something in your stash that will work
- Garter ear flap hat – great little hat and it comes in baby through adult sizes
- Wurm – pretty, slouchy and fun to knit *and* wear
- Barley – what collection would be complete without one from the Tin Can Knits Simple Collection?
- Overcast – from our latest issue – a quick to knit hat with or without a bit of slouch
- 3 Color Cashmere Cowl – make one for your mom and a coordinating one for yourself
- Bandana Cowl – use a hand- dyed, self-striping or speckled yarn on this quick knit
- Pebble Beach Shawl – in three sizes so you can have options
- The Age of Brass and Steam – another simple shawl you can work on while watching TV or the kid’s game from the stands
- Crocheted Coffee Cozy – mom will use this and think of you every day
- Fan Bookmark – if she’s a bookworm this is a great gift
- Owl Basket – she can put this in the powder room or craft room – it’s a great catch-all
- Citrus Coaster – even if she’s not a coffee drinker, this one will see lots of use
- Hanging Basket (large) – who doesn’t want a way to grab things all together?
- Mini Rings of Change – pretty mandala for the wall, as a trivet or a potholder
- Flower Power Dishcloth – everyone loves dishcloths and this one’s pretty too
- Northern Lights Mandala – ok yes, this one’s ours – but it’s so versatile. And Tatsiana crocheted it up in two color variations so you can see it in the purple/blue/yellow as well as neutral shades
- Virus Shawl – great for the upcoming warmer months
There are lots of great projects that you still have time to knit or crochet. And yes, I’m doing the last minute dance myself…